If you are responsible for a commercial site, you will understand the absolute importance of maintaining both safety and aesthetics on business premises. When it comes to doing this, the first things that come to mind are services such as commercial landscaping, which keep the land looking neat and tidy, whilst also preventing trips and falls.
However, elements such as the electricals, security measures and lighting on your site are often overlooked. In this article, we are going to explore commercial lighting, a service that can provide many benefits to your commercial site, both aesthetically and safety-wise.
By thinking carefully about the lighting installed throughout your business premises, both indoors and outdoors, you will transform the look, feel and functionality of the space. This will have a major positive impact on your business for numerous reasons, which we will explore later on in this article.
A Heath Electrical Services guide to commercial lighting
As fully trained and highly experienced electricians in Milton Keynes, the team of professionals at Heath Electrical Services are equipped with a sophisticated skillset and an advanced level of knowledge. Our commercial lighting service is extremely popular amongst clients due to our commitment to completing all projects to the highest standards possible. We carry out work safely, efficiently and accurately, meaning that you can be sure that any work we complete for you will meet and exceed your expectations. If you would like to find out more about our commercial lighting service or any of the other services that we offer, please feel free to get in touch with our team today.
We thought that we would start our guide by running through some of the benefits that high-quality commercial lighting that is carefully selected and properly installed can provide to your business:
- Enhanced aesthetics – when appropriate lighting solutions are properly installed across your commercial site, you are sure to notice that the premises will look more professional.
- Improved morale – lighting has a huge impact on psychological wellbeing, so by ensuring that the workspaces in your premises are properly illuminated, you will enhance employee morale and, therefore, productivity.
- Improved safety – poorly lit areas are hazardous, especially after dark, because this increases the risk of trips, falls, and other accidents. Installing commercial lighting across your premises will help you to minimise injuries on your site.
- Comply with regulations – by installing adequate lighting, including emergency lighting, throughout your commercial premises, you will help to ensure that the site complies with safety regulations.
Having been established for more than 8 years, we have worked closely with clients in all sectors to improve their on-site lighting. Discover more about our most popular lighting services below:
When providing our commercial LED lighting service to clients, our NICEIC approved team of commercial electricians in Milton Keynes will supply and fit LED lighting on business premises. This is one of the most popular of our commercial lighting services since many office spaces are illuminated using LED lighting. Some of the benefits of opting for LED lighting over alternatives include the following:
- Save money – LED lighting is incredibly energy efficient, so running it is highly cost-effective when compared to alternatives.
- Longevity – This type of lighting has a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours, or ten years of continuous use, which is far longer than other types of bulbs.
- Efficiency – LED lights rapidly reach full brightness once switched on, whilst other types of lighting may take some time.
- Eco-friendly – as well as being extremely energy efficient, LED bulbs can be recycled at the end of their lifespan, unlike many other bulb types, since they contain no harsh chemicals.
Emergency lighting is an essential feature of any commercial premises. There are four different types, which are as follows:
- Standby lighting – illuminates spaces when the power goes off.
- Escape route lighting – lights up escape routes in the event of an emergency.
- Open area lighting – helps direct people towards the nearest escape route.
- High-risk task area lighting – illuminates workspaces that require the use of hazardous tools and machinery to allow safe evacuation.
Naturally, it is essential that emergency lighting is properly installed so that it complies with safety regulations. Our highly competent team of commercial electricians in Milton Keynes are fully trained in the provision and installation of emergency lighting solutions and are willing and more than able to provide this service on your commercial site. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team to find out more.
Our commercial outside lighting service consistently receives excellent feedback from clients, who are often blown away by the difference that our outdoor lighting installations can have on the look and feel of commercial sites. From stunning decorative and landscape lights to practical floodlights and energy-saving motion sensor lighting, we can provide a range of commercial outdoor lighting solutions.
Our professional electricians in Milton Keynes will work with you to create a bespoke LED outdoor lighting installation plan that suits the layout and function of your commercial property. When working with Heath Electrical Services, you can expect absolute reliability, efficiency, and peace of mind, thanks to our warranty policy.
Flood lighting is incredibly useful on all sorts of commercial premises. From car parks to sporting grounds to industrial units, they are an excellent lighting solution that provides intense and broad illumination. This makes them an incredibly safe option for spacious areas that are used after dark, which need to be fully illuminated to prevent accidents and facilitate the function of the space. At Heath Electrical Services, we can provide and install powerful, weather-resistant LED flood lighting, which maximises visibility and longevity, all while minimising energy consumption.
Our car park lighting service offers you the ability to choose between an array of high-quality products in order to illuminate the car parking areas on your commercial site safely and effectively. Our expert team will be able to advise on and help you choose between LED lighting solutions with various features, such as motion sensors and solar panels. Our engineers can also carry out regular maintenance on whichever installations you choose, ensuring that any issues that may arise are amended quickly and before they become very costly.
Get started with our reputable team
The benefits of high-quality commercial lighting solutions cannot be understated. From critical emergency lighting to practical and efficient LED lighting installations, our experienced team of electricians at Heath Electrical Services are more than qualified to help you make your commercial site a safer, more professional-looking space. If you would like our help, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Safety is of the utmost importance to us at Heath Electrical Services. Beyond fitting, it is essential that you have all of your electrical installations, including your commercial lighting solutions, regularly tested and inspected in order to prevent electrical accidents. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you are in need of electrical inspections in Milton Keynes, a service that our team are fully trained in and will be happy to provide.